1. Vital US interests would be adversely impacted by Israel’s proposed retreat from terror centers in Judea & Samaria.
2. Israel’s retreat from So. Lebanon propelled Hizballah to regional terrorist prominence – a role model of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), haunting US servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan.
3. Israel’s 1994-1998 retreats from 85% of Gaza and 40% of Judea & Samaria created the Palestinian Authority: the Mecca of homicide bombing and anti-US and anti-Jewish hate-education. Palestinian terrorists fought the US in Iraq and Afghanistan. ANTI-U.S. TERROR has increased since the initial 1993 Oslo retreat!
4. Israel’s 2005 retreat (“Disengagement”) from Gaza and Northern Samaria has established the largest terrorist base in the Mideast, adrenalizing anti-US terrorism.
5. Israel’s 2005 retreat is perceived as a cave-in by the role-model of counter-terrorism to the role-model of terrorism. It facilitated HAMAS’ electoral victory and upgraded the posture of ISLAMIC JIHAD and AL-QAEDA, thus providing friendly platforms for IRAN, SYRIA, SUDAN, YEMEN and the PRO-SADDAM elements.
6. Bolstered Palestinian profile constitutes a present and immediate lethal DANGER TO PRO-U.S. REGIMES in Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and other Gulf states, threatening US troops in the Gulf area.
7. Expanded Palestinian Authority facilitates the strategic re-entrenchment of RUSSIA, CHINA and NO. KOREA in the Mideast at the expense of US interests in the eastern flank of the Mediterranean and throughout the Mideast.
8. Another Israeli retreat would further undermine Israel’s posture of DETERRENCE, which is critical to regional stability.
9. U.S. ENCOURAGEMENT of another Israeli retreat from Palestinian terrorist strongholds would exacerbate the threat to US interests. Would the US learn from recent history by repeating – or avoiding – past errors?!