1. THE 1993-94 IMPORTATION OF THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY (PA) from terrorist camps in Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Tunisia and Lebanon created the largest terrorist base in the Middle East. The PA, rather than Hamas, has provided the overriding manpower, hate-education, logistics and operational capabilities, which have produced an unprecedented wave of Palestinian terrorism. Suspension of disbelief has presented the PA as a partner for peace, rather than a terrorist regime. It is consistent with Oslo wishful-thinking, but inconsistent with Middle East reality and with an effective battle against global terrorism.
2. THE P.A. “SECURITY ORGANIZATIONS” have executed most Palestinian terrorism since Oslo. Most members of the “security organizations” are also members of “Al Aqsa Brigades” and other terror organizations. For instance, Khalid Shawish, a commander of the “Brigades” is also a senior commander of the “security organizations”, and has found safe haven in Abu Mazen’s headquarters in Ramallah. “General” Tirawee, head of the PA’s “intelligence” published an obituary upon the killing of Jihad Hassan a “Brigade” commander in September 2004. Abu Yandal (killed in April 2002) was a PA “General” and a leader of Islamic Jihad. Abu Mazin has recently recruited Hamas and Islamic Jihad members, officially, into the PA “Security Organizations”, in order to provide them with a shield against the IDF.
3. Abu Mazen, Abu Ala’, Dahlan, Rajoub, Nasser Youssef and other PA leaders have shaped the strategy of Palestinian terrorism, coordinating actions with Hamas and Islamic Jihad, HARBORING them and providing them with a platform for rallies, recruitment, training, terrorist supplies and operations.
4. THE P.A. HAS CONSIDERED HAMAS A STRATEGIC JUNIOR ALLY and a tactical rival. ABU MAZEN has been the chief architect of a series of strategic cooperation accords between the PA and Hamas since September 1993. The latest accord (March 2005) reaffirmed the sanctity of “violent resistance” and the superiority of “Palestinian unity” over any accord with Israel. On August 21, 2005, Abu Mazen’s daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, heralded the expansion of Hamas’ “women troops”.
5. HATE-EDUCATION HAS BEEN INTRODUCED BY ABU MAZEN and the PA – rather than by Hamas – into the PA systems of education (K-12), mosques and media. Since 1993/4, Abu Mazen’s hate-education has brainwashed the minds of 2.5 million Palestinians in Judea, Samaria and Gaza, setting manufacturing lines of homicide bombers in classrooms and houses of worship. Abu Mazen has convinced Palestinians, by teaching them the “Elders of Zion” and other anti-Jewish literature, that the attainment of Palestinian “rights” is predicated upon the annihilation of the “illegitimate” Jewish State.
6. ABU MAZEN’s daily, Al-Ayyam, PRAISED HOMICIDE BOMBER, Hanadi Jaradat, on August 22, 2005 for murdering 29 Israelis in a Haifa restaurant. ABU MAZEN’s “Ministry of Culture” published a “Book of the Month (August)”, glorifying Jaradat’s “heroism”: “Death as an Allah Martyr is the highest goal!” (source: PMW).
7. ABU MAZEN’s track record (http://www.acpr.org.il/cloakrm/clk171.html) and PA performance since its establishment in 1993, document the PA as the main Palestinian terrorist regime. Official US and Israeli meetings with Abu Mazen, and Congressional appropriation of funds to the PA (via Palestinian NGOs), sacrifice experience on the altar of wishful-thinking, providing tailwind to terrorism and dealing a setback to security and peace.