The bottom line of Yoram’s radio interview:
- Israel’s national security does not require US troops in Syria.
- US troops in Syria are essential for the national security of Jordan’s Hashemite regime and national security of Saudi Arabia and other pro-US Arab regimes.
- US troops in Syria are dramatically less significant than the overall US military posture toward the Ayatollahs and the US determination to topple the Ayatollahs.
- The US should focus on the “smothering sandstorm” – the threat of Iran’s Ayatollahs to the US national security – not on the “tumbleweekds” (the Palestinian issue).
- Israel’s posture of military deterrence has spared the US the need to deploy to the Middle East a few more aircraft carriers and military division.