Jerusalem Cloakroom #235, May 31, 2010
Tell me who are your supporters/organizers and I’ll tell who you are!
Israel’s Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center sheds light on the nature of Turkey’s IHH, the chief organizer of the flotilla to Gaza (http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/malam_multimedia/English/eng_n/html/hamas_e105.htm):
1. The radical Islamic, anti-Western IHH - the chief supporter of the flotilla to Gaza - poses as a humanitarian relief fund (Turkish Humanitarian Relief Foundation), while supporting Hamas and several Jihadist organizations in Bosnia, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Algeria, Chechnya, etc...
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3879831,00.html, April 27, 2010
Since 2007, US foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority and to PA-controlled NGOs reached nearly $2BN, in addition to $3.7BN contributed by the US to UNRWA since 1950. Has American foreign aid to Abu Mazen advanced moderation, the pursuit of peace and US national security interests?
On April 20, 2010, Abu Mazen named a Ramallah street in honor of Abu Jihad, the architect of PLO terrorism during 1965-1988.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3832221,00.html, January 10, 2010
Israel’s security policies must take into account 1,400 years of Arab violence.
Galal Nasser, a prominent columnist in Egypt's al-Ahram Weekly recently wrote: "Violence has become the norm in Arab life, both on official and non-official levels...There are many types of violence besetting the domestic scenes of Arab countries, making relations among them unpredictable and unstable.”
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3805084,00.html, November 15, 2009
Contrary to the "Palestine Firsters" school of thought, Islamic terrorism is raging the Middle East and the entire globe, irrespective of the Arab-Israeli conflict, independent of the Palestinian issue and regardless of US-Israel friendship, Israel's policies, or Israel's existence.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #227, September 24, 2009
133 Jews were murdered in Hebron, Jerusalem, Motza, Safed and Tel Aviv during a rampage of Arab terrorism in August 1929, 19 years before the establishment of the Jewish State, 38 years before the 1967 War and 39 years before the return of Jews to Hebron. 133 fatalities in 1929 – out of a 175,000 Jewish population – are proportionally equal to 4,560 fatalities in Israel or 230,000 fatalities in the USA in 2009!
http://www.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=36065, August 26, 2009
The idea that a Palestinian state can lead to enduring peace in the Middle East has become a diplomatic obsession for American policy makers. Bringing such a state into being has become the equivalent of finding the Holy Grail. In fact, however, a Palestinian state would not only fail to bring peace and stability to the region, but would make it an even more dangerous place than it already is. And ironically, given its adamant backing for a government that would have been led by Yasser Arafat and now would be headed by Abu Mazen, U.S. support for the creation of “Palestine,” which would immediately ally itself with and become a client of rivals and enemies of America such as Iran, would harm American, Israeli, and even Arab interests.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3713083,00.html, May 08, 2009
In May 1948, Secretary of State George Marshall bullied Prime Minister David Ben Gurion against declaration of independence. Thus, he professed a supposed linkage between the establishment of the Jewish State and the denial of Arab oil supply to the US, on the eve of a potential world war between the US and the USSR. It was Ben Gurion's defiance of pressure, which helped clear-thinking Americans to refute the baseless linkage.
In May 2009, the US Administration intends to roll Israel back to the 1949 Lines, including the repartitioning of Jerusalem. In order to pressure Israel, the Administration contends an ostensible linkage between the stop-Iran-campaign and the Palestinian issue. Just like its 1949 predecessor, the 2009 linkage aims at misrepresenting Israel as a peace obstructionist, which harms US national security.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #223, April 10, 2009
1. The Palestinian issue was a deal-breaker during Israel-Egypt peace negotiation. In defiance of Carter and Brzezinski – the "Palestine Firsters" – and in spite of Palestinian terrorist threats, Begin and Sadat introduced a Palestinian-bypass, thus concluding a peace accord. Their determination to overcome White House and Foggy Bottom preoccupation with the Palestinian issue as, supposedly, the root core of the Arab-Israeli conflict and Mideast violence, produced a peace treaty. It has lowered the prospect of an Arab-Israeli war, has decreased regional tension and has advanced US interests.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3662411,00.html, January 23, 2009
The mild reaction by Arab countries to the Hamas-driven Palestinian predicament in Gaza refutes the assumption that the Palestinian issue is a top Arab priority and that it constitutes the core cause of Arab hostility toward the West, USA and Israel. In fact, the Arab reaction has reflected overall Arab attitude toward the Palestinian issue since 1948, through the 1982 Israel-PLO war in Lebanon and the First and Second Intifadah, irrespective of the identity of the Palestinian leadership: Haj Amin al-Husseini, Shukeiri, Hammuda, Arafat, Abu Mazen or Haniyeh.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #217, August 15, 2008
1. Over 100 million refugees have been created by wars since the end of WW2.
2. 79 million refugees were created during 1933-1945.
3. 15 Million Hindus, Sikhs (8.5MN) and Muslims (6.5MN) were displaced, in 1947, in order to reshape British India into India and Pakistan.