Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #154, July 22, 2011
Is Israel isolated/boycotted? Is time running out on the Jewish State? On the contrary – time is on Israel's side:
Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #153, June 21, 2011
1. Intel plans a $4.8BN expansion of its Israeli operations, applying for a $600MN grant from the Israeli government. Since 1999, Intel invested $10BN in its four Israeli R & D centers and two manufacturing plants (7,300 workers), exportinAg $20BN out of Israel, $2.7BN export in 2010 alone (Globes, June 17, 2011).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHStBGk_D8Y, June 07, 2011
A brief video on Israel becoming an attractive site for investment by US and global giants.
Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #152, May 06, 2011
The Irvine-based Broadcom acquired Israel's Provigent for $340MN, Broadcom's 8th Israeli acquisition since November 2000 – VisionTech for $250MN, Dune Networks - $178MN, Pecello - $86MN, Siliquent - $84MN, Octalica - $31MN, SighticVista - $15MN and MStream - $10MN (Globes March 22).
Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #151, March 24, 2011
Mike Butcher, editor of the award winning, eu.TechCrunch.com: "Israel is endowed with high-tech entrepreneurs. If you throw a stone in Tel Aviv, it would probably hit a high-tech entrepreneur
Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #150, February 18, 2011
1. A 7.8% growth of Israel's economy during the fourth quarter of 2010 – a 4.5% annual growth in 2010, compared with OECD's 2.8%, USA's 2.7%, Turkey's 8.2% and South Korea's 6.2%. Export surged 10.3% during the fourth quarter – a 3.7% annual growth. Investments expanded 15.9% during the fourth quarter (Globes Business Daily, Feb. 17, 2011).
Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #149, January 14, 2011
1. ChemChina, the China National Chemical Corporation, acquired 60% of Israel's Agan Machteshim for $1.44BN (Globes Business Daily, Jan. 10, 2011).
Jerusalem Boardroom #148, December 25, 2010
1. Eric Schmidt, Google's CEO, Joe Lonsdale, founder of Palo Alto's Palantir and Blumberg Capital invested in Israel's any.Do. Schmidt's investment fund, Innovation Endeavors made six investments so far, two of them in Israel (Globes business daily, Nov. 29, 2010). The $23BN Broadcom acquired its 7th Israeli company, Sightic Vista (Nov. 26).
2. Knowledge@Wharton, the online business journal of the Wharton School (http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/):
"Israel is becoming fertile ground for the likes of Google, [Swiss pharmaceutical multinational] Roche and other companies looking to acquire innovative businesses to add to their portfolios…
Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #147 , November 25, 2010
1. Warren Buffett (Oct. 11, 2010, Yedioth Achronot daily): "CTD, my [farm equipment] company, has acquired a few Israeli companies [following the 2006 $4BN acquisition of 80% of Israel's Iskar], and another [electromechanical] company, TTI, has also acquired an Israeli company…I expect additional investments in Israel…Israel possesses a disproportionate quantity of brains and ideas…If you look for oil in the Middle East, skip Israel. However, if you look for brains, stop in Israel."
Straight from the Jerusalem Boardroom #146, October 08, 2010
1. Israel ranks fourth in global hotel occupancy (75%), following Singapore (83.5%), Japan (79.1%), Australia (75.3%), according to "STR Golabl" August 2010 report.
2. 3M is acquiring Israel's Attenti for $230MN, its first Israeli acquisition (Globes, Sept. 1).