Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #170, November 19, 2004
Fact: In October 1946, Kfar Darom (in the Gaza Strip) and ten other Jewish communities were established, in order to avert the British plan of disengaging the Negev from the Jewish State.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #169, October 20, 2004
1. Missile Threat Exacerbated. The deeper the disengagement, the larger the Palestinian production, upgrading and smuggling of weaponry, ammunition, explosives and missiles of enhanced range and precision.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #168, September 19, 2004
1. ARE SETTLEMENTS A CAUSE FOR THE ARAB/PALESTINIAN-ISRAELI CONFLICT? Arab/Palestinian wars on the Jewish State erupted irrespective of the presence/absence of Jewish communities in Judea & Samaria (J&S), Gaza or Golan. They were established - on 2% of J&S and Gaza area - FOLLOWING the 1967 War, which erupted FOLLOWING the establishment of the PLO (1964), succeeding the wars of 1956 and 1948/9 and the sustained campaign of Palestinian terror, which was launched with the 1929 massacre of Hebron's Jewish community and the expulsion of Gaza's Jewish community, the 1929, 1936 and 1948 decimation of Gush Etzion's Jewish communities and the 1948 dismantling of Kfar Darom in the Gaza Strip.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #167, September 09, 2004
1. The Mideast perceives "Disengagement" (from No. Samaria and Gaza) to be a retreat, cut & run, appeasement, rewarding terrorism and uprooting of Jews, rather than a moderating step. In a region which tolerates only deterrence-driven (rather than concession-driven) peace – as evident in inter Arab relations - "disengagement" would mean a setback to peace and a tailwind to terrorism. US interests and values are best served by conducting a Mideast policy based on realism and facts, rather than on wishful-thinking and myth.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #166, August 22, 2004
1. Israel constitutes 0.2% (11,000 sqm) of the Arab League members (5.56MN sqm), which are 150% and 130% larger than the US and Europe respectively (and that does not include the 643,800 sqm of Iran). The L-F-P formula assumes that Israel should concede its scarcest asset – territory – while the Arabs are expected to accord Israel that which they have not shared with one another since the 7th century – compliance and peaceful co-existence.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #165, August 22, 2004
1. The current Jewish community of Kfar Darom was established on the site of the 3rd-4th century AD Talmudic Jewish town of Kfar Darom (The Talmud's Massekhet Sota' referred to the sage Eliezer the son of Yitzhhak of Kfar Darom). At the end of the 19th century, the land of Kfar Darom (“The Village of the South” in Hebrew) was acquired by Tuvia Miller from Rehovot, who transformed swamps into a blossoming orchard.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #164, August 15, 2004
1. REDUCING TERRORIST PLATFORM. Israel's re-control of Gaza (given up in 1993) would REDUCE hate education (engine of homicide bombing), recruitment and training of terrorism, terrorist maneuverability, manufacturing and smuggling of terrorist equipment. General Earle G. Wheeler, former Chairman of the Joint C-O-S: "The occupation of Gaza by Israel would reduce the hostile border by a factor of five, and eliminate a source for raids and training of [Palestinian terrorists]...
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #163, July 08, 2004
1. The poll was conducted by the “Geocartography Group,” while Israel's government and the entire media were engaged in an intensive campaign for “Disengagement” and while the opponents to “Disengagement” were dormant (following their victory in the Likud Referendum).
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #162, June 14, 2004
Israel's DISENGAGEMENT PLAN PROMOTES EGYPTIAN, AND UNDERMINES U.S., INTERESTS. It rewards the largest terrorist base in the world (PA/PLO-controlled Gaza and 40% of Judea&Samaria), with its operatives in Iraq and Afghanistan. It promotes Egypt's role, in spite of the following systematic Egyptian anti-US record:
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #161, May 28, 2004
1. “DISENGAGEMENT” FEEDS TERRORISM. Each area ceded to the Palestinian Authority (PA), by Israel, SINCE 1993 (Gaza and 40% of Judea&Samaria) has become a platform of PA hate-education, PA hate-sermons and PA hate-media, producing cadres of homicide bombers.