Striaght from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #190, March 13, 2006
1. Abu Mazen's education system reflects his ideology/strategy, more than his dialogue with the West. Abu Mazen is the architect of PA education, shaping long-term attitudes toward Israel and the Jewish People. It is the main manufacturing line of homicide bombers, a role model/reservoir for Islamic and international terrorism.
Straigth from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #189, February 27, 2006
1. 57% of Americans oppose foreign aid to Palestinians, according to a February 2006 Gallup poll.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #188, February 13, 2006
Annual US foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority and to International organizations, which support Palestinians, has been based - since 1997 - on a more than 50% inflated number of Palestinians.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #187, February 03, 2006
Dr. Nicholas Eberstadt: "I want to salute Bennett Zimmerman and his Team for their path-breaking study…they caught the demographic professionals asleep at the switch."
Straigth from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #185, October 26, 2005
Grossly erroneous demographic assumptions underline US policy on the Palestinian issue and dramatically inflate US foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #184, September 25, 2005
1. THE 1993-94 IMPORTATION OF THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY (PA) from terrorist camps in Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Tunisia and Lebanon created the largest terrorist base in the Middle East. The PA, rather than Hamas, has provided the overriding manpower, hate-education, logistics and operational capabilities, which have produced an unprecedented wave of Palestinian terrorism. Suspension of disbelief has presented the PA as a partner for peace, rather than a terrorist regime. It is consistent with Oslo wishful-thinking, but inconsistent with Middle East reality and with an effective battle against global terrorism.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #183, August 26, 2005
1. LEADERSHIP is measured - primarily - by character (e.g. faith, integrity, humility, morality, compassion), backbone in face of pressure and temptation, long-term strategic goals, conviction (and not convenience)-driven policies.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #182, August 15, 2005
1. CONTINUED DECLINE IN ISRAELI PUBLIC SUPPORT OF "DISENGAGEMENT". According to August 12, 2005 Dialogue Polling, commissioned by the Dovish daily, Ha'aretz, 45% support "Disengagement", down from 55% two months ago, in spite of the overwhelming support for "disengagement" by Israel's media and academia.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #181, August 01, 2005
1. The Ninth Day of the 11th Jewish month of Av (August 14, 2005) commemorates a series of major Jewish calamities:
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #180, July 15, 2005
1. Congressional oversight requires an examination (hearing) of the impact of Israel’s “disengagement” (retreat) from terrorist strongholds in Gaza and Samaria on US interests in general and on the safety of US GIs in Iraq/Afghanistan in particular.