Straight From The Jerusalem Cloakroom #201, January 21, 2007
While the US and European foreign policy establishments have contended that the core of the 13-century-old Islamic terrorism and Middle East violence is the less-than-a-century-old Palestinian issue...
Straight From The Jerusalem Cloakroom #200, December 28, 2006
Critical Israeli policy decisions are based on grossly erroneous demographic assumptions, which have led to demographic fatalism.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #199, December 04, 2006
1. Jim Baker’s Track Record. Until the 1990 invasion of Kuwait, then Secretary of State Jim Baker placated Saddam Hussein by a transfer of sensitive technologies, by $5BN loan guarantees, by intelligence-sharing, by referring to a potential invasion of Kuwait as "an inter-Arab issue", and by attempting to break the back of Israel's Prime Minister Shamir. Thus, Baker energized rogue regimes and fueled turmoil in the Gulf and beyond, second only to the turmoil triggered by Jimmy Carter's pandering to Khomeini. In 2006, Baker – just like Carter - is determined to learn from history by repeating – rather than by avoiding – past critical errors.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #198, November 26, 2006
1. The Jewish population between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean has grown 164 times since 1882, while the Arab population has grown 6 times.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #197, November 21, 2006
Prime Minister Tony Blair, Jim Baker and Brent Scowcroft have developed an intriguing theory: The core of the 13-century-old Islamic terrorism and Middle East violence is the less-than-a-century-old Palestinian issue. They have introduced a cost-effective tactic in combating terrorism: Rather than flex a muscle against Iran and other rogue regimes, instead of challenging the Palestinian Terror Authority and Hamas, one should suspend disbelief, shrink the Jewish State back to the 1949 Lines and establish a Palestinian State. Such a contriving approach would, supposedly, mollify the unprecedented wave of anti-US Islamic terrorism. Really?!
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #196, November 05, 2006
The following has been compiled by Jack Rains, a business and a political mover and shaker in Houston, Texas:
"OK. So I understand that you are ticked off at Israel and in love with the Palestinians. That's fine with me, as long as you have truly weighed up all the facts. So, you want to boycott Israel? I'll be sorry to miss you, but if you are doing it - do it properly. Let me help you.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #195, September 22, 2006
Fish – and especially its head – is served on Rosh Hashana as an omen for multiplication.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #194, August 25, 2006
Arab fertility rate – within pre-1967 Israel – has decreased from 4.7 children per woman in 2000 to 4.0 in 2005 and 3.7 during the first months in 2006. Jewish fertility rate is creeping upward to 2.8 in 2006 from 2.7 in 2005, the highest in the industrialized world.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #192, June 25, 2006
1. Five leading terrorists compiled the "Prisoners' Document", which has been embraced by Abu Mazen: Fatah's Marwan Barghouti, serving 5 terms of life imprisonment, Hamas' Abd Al-Khaliq Al-Natsheh, Islamic Jihad's Bassam Al- Saadi, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine's Abd Al-Rahim Mallouh and Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine's Mustafa Badarneh.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #191, May 18, 2006
1. Vital US interests would be adversely impacted by Israel's proposed retreat from terror centers in Judea & Samaria.
2. Israel's retreat from So. Lebanon propelled Hizballah to regional terrorist prominence – a role model of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), haunting US servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan.